Monday, June 18, 2012

Basic Sparse Voxel Octree Renderer

I began this project by creating a single-threaded sparse voxel octree raycast renderer that runs on the CPU. Here is a screenshot of what I have so far.



320x240 - 30fps - SVO Depth (2)
Not too much to look at right now. The octree being rendered is very simple.

My next task will be to setup a Cuda implementation of the renderer. This will require that I setup a DirectX 11 texture for rendering to and the interoperability between Cuda and DirectX. I won't be worrying about streaming of data to the video card until later.

The ultimate goal of this project, is to produce a system that renders sparse voxel octree formatted models with a path traced lighting algorithm. I believe that there is great potential with this combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment